COPYWRITER & WRITER
Top-performing ideator with 8+ years of experience in a variety of creative genres—from content creation with major national brands and publications, to legal documentation with international creatives, to experience in beauty, fashion, lifestyle, home, and women’s writing, and more. Strong expertise in the management and conceptualization of marketing and editorial initiatives, leveraging relationships with bloggers and tastemakers, and developing tone of voice for a variety of media outlets.
TIME INC., REAL SIMPLE, NEW YORK, NY // 2014 - 2016
- Conceptualized and created all marketing content for the Creative Studio at Real Simple, including print, digital, event, and internal.
- Collaborated with designers and marketers to develop visually stunning and innovative digital campaigns, advertorials, event collateral, sell sheets, proposals, and ongoing initiatives.
- Edited and fact checked all print and digital marketing material, while developing a fresh voice for the millennial demographic.
- Oversaw the social media accounts of Real Simple Lifestylers, managed a team of A-List lifestyle bloggers, scheduled guest blog posts, and curated the brand’s Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.
- Brands included Garnier, Chobani, DSW, Aveda, Samsung, Ghirardelli, Downy, Chinet, Quaker, and more.
FREELANCE WRITER, NEW YORK, NY // 2013-PRESENT
REAL SIMPLE, XOJANE, HELLOGIGGLES, CROWDMED, VNDL MAGAZINE, ETC.
- Writes essays, articles, and posts for a variety of media outlets, generally focused on women, music, beauty, or general lifestyle.
- Developed and maintained a strong network of relationships with editors and writers in a variety of genres, mostly geared towards the digital, style-focused, millennial generation.
PAT MCGRATH, NEW YORK, NY // 2013-2015
- Curated and perfected the press voice for the iconic makeup artist and entrepreneur Pat McGrath.
- Collaborated with Ms. McGrath’s Beauty Director to pen quotes, stories, and biographies for such highly acclaimed publications and outlets as Vogue and its international counterparts, Elle, Martha Stewart Living, Rachael Ray, Teen Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cosmopolitan, to name a few.
- On hand as speechwriter during New York Fashion Week, if ever Pat was needed to present an award, explain a look, or give quotes to the press.
SAMUEL CHRISTENSEN LAW, NEW YORK, NY // 2010-2014
PROJECT MANAGER AND PARALEGAL
- Maintained a clientele of upscale clients successfully working in creative fields, who were looking to achieve visa or green card status within the United States.
- Wrote and compiled 30+ page legal documents detailing each client’s professional history, while coaching them in the creation of immigration petitions.
- Managed the schedules of two attorneys, three paralegals, two full-time writers, as well as freelancers on a daily basis.
STYLECASTER, NEW YORK, NY // 2009-2010
COPY EDITOR AND WRITER
- Managed and oversaw all fashion, beauty, and entertainment posts when StyleCaster.com launched, coaching interns in the development of the brand’s voice.
- Copy edited all content posted on the site, while implementing various techniques to increase SEO traffic.
- Wrote 8-10 posts per day on entertainment news, beauty, fashion, style, and celebrities.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts Communications/Journalism, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY
Certificate for Fashion Journalism London College of Fashion, London, UK
Internships NYLON Magazine and Marie Claire, New York, NY